how to make til ladoo recipe
How to make Til Aur Gur Ke Ladoo recipe and Til Gud Ladoo Recipe of Sesame seeds ladoo recipe and Coconut Til Ladoo Recipe, homemade til ladoo recipe
recipe type: sweets
cuisine: north indian
- 145 grams organic unpolished or unhulled white sesame seeds or 1 cup organic unpolished white sesame seeds/safed til
- 40 grams organic raw peanuts or ¼ cup peanuts/moongphalli
- 20 grams desiccated coconut or ¼ heaped cup desiccated coconut/nariyal ka boora
- 100 grams organic jaggery powder/gud, ½ cup heaped organic jaggery powder or grated jaggery
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- before you begin, take the sesame seeds in a plate or tray. pick them if there are any small tiny stones. then heat a thick bottomed pan. keep the flame to low or medium and add 1 cup unpolished white sesame seeds.
- on a low flame or sim, stirring often roast the sesame seeds.
- the sesame seeds should become crunchy. so do roast well. you will also hear their crackling and popping sound when being roasted.
- roast for 4 to 5 minutes on a low flame. taste a few seeds and they should be crisp and crunchy. then remove them in a plate or tray.
- in the same pan, add ¼ cup peanuts.
- stirring at intervals, begin to roast the peanuts..
- keep on roasting till the peanuts become crunchy. the peanuts should not have even a bit of rawness in them. they should be roasted very well. just cool and taste a few peanuts. you should not feel even a bit of hardness or rawness while eating them. if yes then continue to roast for some more minutes. you can even roast the peanuts in an oven. remove the peanuts also and keep aside.
- now add ¼ heaped cup desiccated coconut. switch off the flame.
- roast the coconut with the flame being switched off.
- roast till you get a light golden color.
- remove the roasted coconut in the same plate in which the peanuts were kept. or you can keep all three – sesame seeds, peanuts and coconut in one plate. let them cool down or become warm
- now add them in a grinder jar.
- add ½ cup heaped jaggery powder and ½ teaspoon cardamom powder.
- run grinder or mixer for a few seconds and then stop. check the consistency. scrape the sides and add in the jar. you can also use the pulse option in your grinder.
- continue in the same way, till you get a consistency in the mixture, where a bit of oil releases from the sesame seeds, peanuts and coconut. take a small portion of the mixture in your hands and then press. it should hold shape and not crumble. don’t grind at one stretch or grind too much as then much oil will be released from the mixture.
- now remove the ladoo mixture in a plate or tray.
- now take a small portion of the ladoo mixture in your palms and begin to shape it into ladoos.
- make ladoos with the rest of the mixture. this recipe yields 14 to 15 til ladoos. the recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. store the sesame jaggery ladoos in an air tight jar. if living in a warm or humid place, then keep the jar in the fridge. if living in a cool or cold climate, then you can keep at room temperature.
- serve til ladoo as a sweet snack.
how to make whole wheat veg momos
veg momos recipe, how to make vegetable momos recipe, Healthy Momos recipe, Wheat Flour Veg Momos Recipe
recipe type: snacks
cuisine: nepali, world
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- ¼ cup water + 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ tsp salt or add as required
- ⅓ cup finely chopped or grated carrot/gajar
- ⅓ cup finely chopped or grated cabbage/patta gobhi
- ⅓ cup finely chopped or grated capsicum/shimla mirch/green bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped or grated onions or spring onions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger/adrak
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder/dhania powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder/jeera powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon black pepper powder/kali mirch powder
- some oil for greasing steamer pan
- 2 to 2.5 cups water for steaming
- take the 1 cup whole wheat flour and ¼ teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl.
- add water in parts. i added overall ¼ cup water + 3 tablespoons water.
- mix and then knead to a soft dough.
- cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- finely chop or grate all the vegetables. you will need ⅓ cup finely chopped carrot, ⅓ cup finely chopped cabbage, ⅓ cup finely chopped capsicum and ¼ cup finely chopped onions or spring onions. take the veggies in a mixing bowl.
- add 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger.
- next add the following spices – ⅛ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder and ¼ to ½ tsp black pepper powder.
- season with salt. mix everything very well. keep aside.
- grease the steamer pan very well with oil and keep aside.
- divide the dough in small or medium sized balls.
- sprinkle some flour on a dough ball.
- roll each dough ball into a thin circle of about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. try to get the edges to be thin and the center to be thick.
- apply water with your finger tip or with a small pastry brush towards the circumference edge.
- place 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable stuffing in the center.
- lift one side of the edge and start to pleat.
- start folding and forming the pleats one by one.
- towards the end, join the pleats in the center.
- prepare all momos this way and keep them covered under a moist napkin. till you are ready to steam them. i kept them directly in the greased pan and covered with a moist cloth while shaping and folding other momos. keep some space between them so that they don’t touch each other
- heat 2 to 2.5 cups water in a steamer or in an electric cooker or in a pressure cooker. let the water come to a boil. place the pan with momos in the steamer. * check notes on how to steam the momos in idli pan or pressure cooker.
- steam momos for 10 to 12 minutes. don’t overdo the steaming, as the dough becomes dense and dry. the steaming time may vary upon the thickness of momos’ cover and the size of momos. if you make small momos, then 6 to 7 minutes is fine for steaming.
- when you touch the momo then dough should not feel sticky to you. this means they are done and the momos will have a glossy look. time of cooking momos varies from intensity of the flame and kind of pan and the steamer you are using.
- once done, then serve whole wheat veg momos with a spicy sauce like schezwan sauce or tomato-chili sauce or chili sauce. you can also serve it with red chilli garlic chutney. momos go very well with a spicy sauce.
to steam the momos in a pressure cooker – heat about 2 cups water in the pressure cooker. place the momos in a pan inside the cooker. remove the vent weight/whistle and steam the momos for 10 to 12 mins. if not done, then steam for a few more minutes. the water should not come in contact with the momos.
to steam in an idli pan – proceed same way, you make the idlis. heat water in the pan. grease the idli moulds with oil. place the momos on the idli moulds. place the moulds in the pan and steam the momos.